Google Digital Garage Certification Exam Answers 2023
Google Digital Garage Course Details:
Exam link: https://learndigital.withgoogle.com/digitalgarage/course/digital-marketing
Total modules: 26
Total questions: 115
Exam type: Free
Google Digital Garage Quiz Exam Question and Answers
Important: Click on Skip to quiz & Take the quiz on popup message to start the exam.
- The increased use of the Internet presents a lot of potential for which types of businesses?
- Taking a business online can involve many different steps. When starting out, which activity could be a part of this process?
- Which of the following is the easiest way for visitors to learn about a business while visiting a website?
- What is a key benefit of having an online presence for a business?
- Which tool helps you measure the success of your website?
- Which of the following statements is true when it comes to taking a business online?
- Which term best describes the business activity that occurs when website visitors buy products or services from you online?
- Which of the following statements is true when marketing your business online?
- Which of the following statements is true when it comes to developing a web presence for a business?
- What is a web server?
- Fill in the blank: A __________ is a shortcut to other pages on your site or elsewhere on the web.
- Which of the following is something you’ll probably want to exclude from your website?
- Which of the following is an example of a ‘call to action’ on a website?
- What should you consider when developing your website content?
- What is the first step in creating an online business strategy?
- What is the purpose of the ‘See, Think, Do, Care’ framework?
- Why is optimising customer touchpoints online beneficial for businesses?
- Once you’ve worked out your Unique Selling Point (USP), how would you use it in a long-term online strategy?
- What type of information can KPIs provide?
- Why are search engines a great place for a business to be found?
- What technology do search engines use to ‘crawl’ websites?
- Which of the following can help a search engine understand what your page is about?
- Fill in the blank: Spending money on search advertising influences how your website appears in ___________.
- Which of these is an important factor in the paid search auction system?
- Which of these can Google Search Console help you to do?
- Which of the following factors should you consider when optimising your website for search engines?
- What should be the first step of a structured SEO plan?
- When it comes to search ads, which of the following could dictate how an ad will perform against a competitor?
- Fill in the blank: Short strings of specific keywords with low search volume are called ___________.
- Which of the following would be an ideal goal for an SEO plan?
- Which of the following page titles would be most suitable for a website page describing a store’s return policy?
- Which of the following is a good way to get other websites to link to your site?
- When expanding a business internationally, which of the following is most important to provide on your website?
- Search engine marketing can also be called what?
- In an SEM auction, your Quality Score is based on which aspect of your ad?
- Fill in the blank: It’s possible to determine how well a/an ___________ will perform without bidding on it.
- What should your search ad have in order to promote more clicks?
- Which of the following is a benefit of using relevant ads and landing pages?
- When it comes to search ads, which description best describes ‘negative keywords’?
- Fill in the blank: If you use __________ keywords when building your search ads, minor variations, like plurals, can still trigger the ad.
- What can conversion tracking in search help you measure?
- How can you improve a business’s visibility to people located near you geographically?
- Which of the following is an example of a local search?
- Which of the following is a benefit of registering your business in online local listings?
- Which three pieces of information are essential to include first in your local directory listing?
- Which of the following factors help search engines determine if your business is local?
- When looking to attract a local audience, why it is important to optimise your website and content for mobile users?
- Which of the following can help you gain visibility in search engines?
- Which of the following can businesses achieve by using social media?
- Fill in the blank: Businesses should focus on social media platforms with _______.
- Which of the following is an example of a social media goal?
- Which details should you look to include on a business profile page on social media?
- A robust social media plan includes which of the following?
- What is the best way to put your social content in front of people who don’t already follow you?
- What can social media analytics tools help you measure when assessing campaign results?
- Which of the following is a pitfall when using social media for business?
- When looking to ensure your website is easily accessible by mobile users, what should you focus on doing first?
- What does responsive design mean?
- When it comes to optimising your website’s SEO for mobile users, which of the following is a crucial factor to keep in mind?
- What can a business use to send messages to users who have already downloaded their app?
- When considering how mobile users will search for your business, which types of keywords should you focus on?
- Before running search ads, you should make sure your site is mobile-friendly. Which scenario best describes a mobile-friendly experience for a customer?
- Which of the following can be used to target an audience when using some social media ads?
- When making video content for your display ads, what is most important to ensure?
- Which of the following is an accurate definition of what a content marketing campaign involves?
- What does the following definition describe? ‘The division of an audience into groups of who they are and what they like, with a goal of identifying a group most interested in your product/service.’
- Fill in the blank: When describing the purpose of content, what is missing? ‘To entertain, to inspire, to _______ and to convince’.
- Which of the following best describes why approaches to writing need to be adapted for online content?
- What are ‘highlighting key dates’ and ‘considering multiple channels’ best practices of?
- Which of the following metrics could help you understand which blog post is resonating the most with your audience?
- Which of the following will you need to start an email marketing programme?
- Which of the following is a common feature of email marketing platforms?
- Which of these is a good practice to keep in mind when sending emails to your contacts?
- If the open rate of your emails seems low, which of the following could help you fix that?
- Which of the following statements is true when it comes to running email campaigns for a business?
- If you own a film blog, which type of customer can you expect to reach with display advertising?
- Fill in the blank: The ads on search engines are usually made up of ________.
- When using search engine marketing, where can your ads appear?
- When setting up display advertising campaigns, who can you target?
- In what way can display advertising be effective?
- Which of the following is an example of the type of data that advertising networks automatically collect and share with businesses?
- Which of the following is true when purchasing ad placements on an advertising network?
- If a person adds a product to a shopping cart but then leaves the website – which of the following tactics is most likely to encourage that person to return and purchase the product?
- What is the first step of display retargeting?
- When incorporating videos into a digital strategy, which of the following tactics provides value to customers?
- What can using video as part of your online presence help you create?
- Fill in the blank: As a small business, creating videos to showcase your business or product requires only ______.
- Using videos in email marketing and social media is an effective way to do what?
- How can you take advantage of video for your product/services without actually making a video?
- When looking at your video analytics, you discover people are only watching the first few seconds of your video. What should you do?
- Fill in the blank: Website analytics can tell you _____________.
- Analytics can give you immediate valuable information about which type of customers?
- If your key business goal is to get people to book rooms at your guesthouse, what data are you most likely to be interested in?
- Most web analytics tools can tell you what information about the user?
- Fill in the blank: If an ad is not performing well, one effective tactic is to _____________.
- Which section of Google Analytics can tell you whether visitors have found your website via social media?
- Which type of data relates to a metric that can be represented with a number?
- What makes the data cycle useful?
- Fill in the blank: Actionable insights can be described as explaining the ______ of an online marketing campaign.
- Which of the following is a benefit of using spreadsheets?
- If you needed to showcase which parts of a website are being clicked on the most, which presentation type should you consider?
- What would be beneficial to include on a product description page?
- Which of the following is an advantage of e-commerce?
- To an owner or administrator, what is a functional benefit of having an online store?
- What is the name of the process that describes what happens when a customer is taken to a separate site to complete a transaction before being sent back to the original site again?
- Which of the following is a sign that customers are having trouble using a particular device to make purchases?
- What is an example of product merchandising?
- Which of the following statements is true when describing how retargeting ads work?
- What is the best way to translate the content on your website for a new market?
- Before starting to promote products to other countries online, what could you use to gauge demand for your product in that specific market?
- When adapting your website for customers who speak a different language, what should you do?
- Which of the following is primarily meant to target new customers online?
- What should a business do first, when considering going into a new market?
- When selling to people in different countries, what payment form should you consider using if you aren’t already?
- Which of the following options is important to research when planning to expand delivery of products and services to customers across the globe?
Google Digital Garage Final Exam Question and Answers
- What’s the biggest challenge for most businesses when going online?
- Web analytics can tell you many things about your online performance, but what can analytics tools not tell you?
- Website hosting servers have their own unique IP address, what does this address consist of?
- When defining a strategy for your business, how can competitor analysis help you establish a USP (or Unique Selling Point)?
- You notice that when people see images of your products online, you have an increase in conversions or sales. Which customer touchpoint could you use to take advantage of this insight?
- How can businesses benefit from using analytics on their website?
- Websites are hosted on a server and each of these servers has its own unique IP address. What does the ‘IP’ stand for?
- When designing content as part of your content marketing strategy, what does the “Think” stage represent in the “See, Think, Do, Care” framework?
- Which are the first steps you should consider when constructing an online business strategy?
- Where does the domain name of a website primarily sit?
- When planning your website, what is one of the key things you should consider?
- When considering whether to have a web presence for your business, which of the following is not a major factor?
- When you’re building a business website, what purpose does a server have?
- When looking to advertise a new business online, what is one of the major benefits of display ads?
- Imagine a customer has downloaded an app made by their local hardware store. How could that business connect with their audience through the app?
- What is the term we use to describe how search engines categorise each piece of content?
- When using a search engine, what is the name of a word or phrase somebody types to find something online?
- When looking to optimise the performance of a website to improve its search engine ranking, using ‘long tail keyword terms’ in your SEO plan often allows you to…
- Gaining backlinks to your website is a great way to improve the SEO performance. What best practice will encourage people to link back to your site?
- There are many ways you can improve the performance of a website from an SEO perspective. When it comes to link building which of the following statements is accurate?
- Which of the following will be achieved by including an offer in a Search Engine Marketing (SEM) ad?
- Fill the blank: When managing SEM campaigns, the best way to optimise your quality score is to improve the _________ of your keywords, adverts, and landing pages.
- When fine-tuning paid search ads, you change a broad-match keyword to a phrase-match keyword using which symbol?
- When running a search engine marketing campaign, what goal do you expect to achieve by having conversion tracking on your site?
- Search engines see the content on a website as written code, how can you help search engines identify the images on your website?
- When looking to increase the presence of a website, putting together your search engine optimisation plan will help you plan your steps. Which activity would be first on the list?
- When optimising a website for search, what impact do meta and title tags have on the search engine?
- When advertising on search engines, if you bid the same as your competitor, having a higher quality score will mean you appear where in comparison?
- When advertising using Search Engine Marketing (SEM), you only pay…
- What can you achieve if you divide your search engine marketing account into relevant campaigns and ad groups?
- What is the most important thing to consider when optimising a search engine marketing campaign?
- What’s the first step in the search engine optimisation process for your website?
- When ranking websites on search engine results pages, which element of a website do search engines value the most?
- A lot of factors can affect how well a website will rank on search engines. What role does metadata have in this process?
- Which of the following is a benefit of Search Engine Marketing (SEM)?
- If you want to track a completed order in your website, what would be a proper place to add the conversion tracking code?
- Fill the blank: When optimising SEM campaigns, negative keywords _________ your ads from appearing when people search for things that aren’t relevant to your business.
- Fill the blank: ‘Search engines _________ the internet to discover content.’
- What are three key considerations when evaluating keywords for search engine optimisation?
- We use them every day, but what is the overall purpose of a search engine?
- Which search query would trigger an ad based on this keyword: [London portrait photographer]?
- Google Search Console “Crawl” reports let you monitor…?
- To improve your website’s SEO performance, when should you consider updating your SEO plan?
- When trying to promote your business locally, what three key bits of information should be present in your directory listing?
- Fill the blank: When it comes to promoting a business locally, search engines can _______________ your business in the search results page if the user is near your location.
- Using social media for business purposes can be very different to running personal profiles. If you’re looking to attract people to your social network, what tone of voice should you consider?
- When it comes to knowing which social media platforms to focus your efforts on, how can you work out which one will work best for you?
- Mobile apps are a great tool to engage with customers on the go. What is one of the major benefits of a mobile app over a website?
- When looking to create video content for your marketing strategy, what three best practices should you look to include?
- Fill in the blank: When search engines use factors like geolocation, IP address and location based search terms to produce geographically tailored results, this is called _____________.
- Why is it important to reach customers on their mobiles when advertising locally?
- When looking to promote a business on social media, what is a good way to grow your social media following or engagement quickly?
- When building a website for a business, what type of design should it have in order to be “mobile friendly”?
- When designing mobile advertising campaigns, what is a best practice to identify which keywords to target?
- ‘Because online attention spans are shorter, a great hook or opening sentence is important to draw people in.’ What is this a best practice example of?
- Why is social media a great tool for your business to build trust and engagement with your audience?
- What type of tool can be used to monitor and evaluate your social media audience’s actions on your website?
- Which of the following is a core benefit that content marketing can bring to a business’s online presence?
- When looking to get noticed locally online, what information should you ensure is on your website as a minimum?
- When looking to promote your products and services locally, what are the benefits of using search engine ads?
- When it comes to mobile, how would you define usability?
- Which of the following actions would be most effective for a business to take in order to help them progress towards achieving their content marketing goals?
- With more and more users using mobile to look at websites, it is key that you optimise your site so users can find it when searching online. Which two elements should you look to optimise for improved SEO performance?
- Mobile advertising is a great tool for marketers, but all that good work could be undone if your website isn’t what?
- Which of the following tools could be used to gain an insight into the phrases and questions people search for about a given subject online?
- Digital marketing isn’t just about selling your products internationally. It can be used to great effect for local businesses. What do we mean by ‘local businesses’?
- Which of the following would be described as a good business goal to set for your social media campaigns?
- When looking to advertise your business to mobile users, social media advertising can be really effective because…
- There are lots of social media platforms out there, but what is a benefit of using smaller, more niche social media platforms for your business?
- What are the benefits of using social media when looking to advertise your business locally?
- Local directories are a great tool for getting noticed locally online. What would be the first step in using a directory?
- Building a plan will help you to focus your efforts when using social media. What should you consider when making your social media plan?
- When looking at your email marketing metrics, Click Through Rate (or CTR) highlights which of the following insights?
- When advertisers run online ads that typically include an image for people to click on, it’s called…
- Which form of targeting would you use to display ads to people who have previously visited your website?
- Which of the following is the most accurate analogy for a display advertising network?
- When creating video marketing content on a budget, what is the first thing you should consider doing?
- Which of the following is a key strategy for distributing your video content?
- What is one of the benefits of using templates for your email marketing campaigns?
- Which of the following is a benefit of search advertising over display advertising?
- Why is it important that you set goals when planning your display ad campaigns?
- If the analytics for your video campaign shows people are only watching the first few seconds of your video, what can you do to try and amend this?
- When it comes to email marketing, what do we mean by the term A/B testing?
- Which of the following is a benefit of display advertising over search advertising?
- What can you do to help your videos appear in search results?
- When planning your display advertising, what does the word ‘placement’ mean?
- When discussing display advertising, what is an ad network?
- When using display advertising, what could you include in an ad to achieve the goal of driving more sales?
- Retargeting allows you to…
- Which of the following factors can impact the open rate of your email campaigns?
- How can you attract social media users to share your video content online?
- How can your business benefit from video without making one yourself?
- When using analytics programmes on your website, which of these do not fall under the category of a dimension?
- In the world of analytics, tracking the type of device the user accessed your site by is considered which type of data?
- Fill the blank: When you link Google Ads with Google Analytics you are able to understand which ________ are driving performance.
- What do website analytics allow you to do?
- Why should you avoid focusing on collecting as much data as possible?
- How is a spreadsheet defined?
- When using analytics on your website, what do we mean by the term ‘conversion’?
- When it comes to web analytics, what insights can you gather using analytics tools?
- When using web-based analytics tools, by segmenting the data you will be able to achieve which of the following?
- When creating a presentation based on lots of data, what principle should you bear in mind?
- How do you handle data in analytics to gain greater insights into our audience’s behaviour?
- What is the benefit of using digital data?
- When using analytics programmes on your website, which of these do not fall under the category of a metric?
- In the world of analytics, the time the user spent on your site is considered which type of data?
- Which of these is not a benefit for businesses using fully integrated e-commerce platforms?
- When building your online product store, to make it as effective as possible you should look to optimise the performance by using images in what kind of way?
- Fill in the blank: When you are considering the layout of the product pages, it is important to put them in ________ order?
- Analytics can help optimise your website for which of the following?
- If a user abandons their shopping cart without making a purchase, one way to bring them back to complete the purchase is?
- When trying to increase the product sales on your website, one way to achieve this is to_________?
- When looking to introduce e-commerce functions to your website, which of the following would be the best first step?
- If you are looking to expand your company’s presence online internationally, which of the following should you consider with regards to your online content?
- Fill the blanks: When advertising internationally, you should make your business ______ to the new market, consider the ___________ and any possible ___________ implications.
- Fill in the blank: When considering expanding a business internationally, the best place to start is to__________?
- When looking to expand your business internationally on social media, what should you do first?